- About us
- Anti-Illicit Trade Committee
- Digital & E-Commerce Committee
- Food & Agriculture Committee
- HR Committee
- Infrastructure & Industrialization Committee
- Leasing & Insurance Committee
- Legal Committee
- Real-Estate Committee
- Taxation Committee
- Telecommunications & IT Committee
- Current Advocacy
FIC Executive Director
FIC Executive Director
FIC Executive Director is appointed by the Board of Directors to organize daily work of the Council, its bodies, committees and documentation, and is also entitled to legally represent FIC.
Executive Director's key responsibilities include:
- Implementing and reviewing existing FIC policies and assisting Board of Directors in design and execution of new policies and long range operating plans;
- Coordinating execution of all FIC activities, including coordination and overseeing operations of FIC working committees, production and promotion of the White Book edition, organization of conferences and roundtables, formulation and implementation of specific advocacy initiatives;
- Maintaining contacts with all relevant stakeholders, such as Government of Serbia, international organizations, diplomatic core, business associations and think tanks, in order to initiate discussions on relevant subjects and promote FIC principles and engagement;
- Managing all administrative functions of the association, including HR, contract compliance, formulation and execution of annual operating budget, maintenance of records and commissions, etc.
Ana Firtel has been appointed FIC Executive Director in September 2007.
Born in Belgrade where she completed the Faculty of International Management and received a title of Graduate Manager of International Business. Ana also completed the Advance Undergraduate studies for the most promising students of Belgrade University at the Belgrade Open School. After spending a period in a private sector, she continued her professional career in the public sector, as Chief of Staff at the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister Miroljub Labus, a coordinator of Serbia economic policy and leader of European integration process.
Before joining the FIC as the Executive Director in September 2007, Ana was Business Enabling Environment Specialist at the International Finance Corporation, FIAS. As part of the team she worked on analyzing key investment climate issues linked to ongoing efforts to systematically improve the quality of regulations affecting the business environment across the region. The main substantive areas covered were those benchmarked in Doing Business.
Ana participated in The Fortune/State Department International Women Leaders Mentoring Program 2008 and is member of National Women Mentoring Women programme. Ana is also member of selection juries for VIRTUS corporate philanthropy award and National CSR Award.