Vice President Goran Pitic Provided Statement for International Radio Serbia
07. May 2012
Vice President Goran Pitic gave a statement for International Radio Serbia on new Government’s priorities on Monday, May 7th.
The key messages were:
- Priority of the new government should be growth based on export with continuation of policy of attracting foreign investments;
- New government ought to establish new pillars of economic development, should work on reducing administrative barriers and fight corruption in order to attract investments;
- State should find a way to invest in infrastructural projects since without making investments and without euro integration process, one can hardly expect speedy Serbia's development;
- It is important to maintain predictability in doing business and not changing recently adopted regulations and taxes within one business year;
- New government ought to put focus also to present investors and in cooperation with them obtain proper business environment;
- In order to attract foreign investments, government ought to make direct contacts with investors and make tailor-made offers for particular important investors;
- With regards to the need to reduce public spending, state should establish centralized system of public procurement procedures that would be one model of fighting corruption.
- New government ought to put European integration process as indisputable goal for Serbia and should work on acceleration of that process.