INNOVATION SERBIA PROJECT
25. June 2012
The Innovation Serbia Project worth 8.4 million EUR is financed through the EU instrument for pre-accession (IPA) and is being implemented by the Serbian innovation Fund in partnership with the World Bank. The goal of the project is to build the capacity of the Innovation Fund, to finance innovative companies operating in Serbia and to help public research institutes in better addressing industry needs.WHAT?
The Serbian innovation Fund is implementing two financial instruments for supporting innovative companies operating in Serbia. A total of 6 million EUR will be invested through these programs in the following two years:
Mini Grants Program:
- Goals: stimulating creation of innovative enterprises by providing financing for market-oriented innovative technologies and services with high commercialization potential;
- Grants of up to 80,000 EUR with minimum 15% co-financing from the company;
- Supports projects lasting up to 12 months;
- Micro and small companies, incorporated within the last two years, in majority private Serbia ownership can apply;
Matching Grants Program:
- Goals: stimulating commercialization of R&D and further knowledge-based development of innovative enterprises, stimulating establishment of collaboration/partnerships with international companies/organizations, increasing the number of technology-based companies in Serbia and preparing them for additional investment opportunities;
- Grants of up to 300,000 EUR with minimum 30% co-financing from the company;
- Supports projects up to 24 months;
- Conditional grant with a royalty component;
- Micro and small private companies incorporated in Serbia can apply;
The Mini and Matching Grants Program present an opportunity for companies to alleviate the risk of developing new technologies. This is also an opportunity for creating partnerships (joint projects) between SME's and large companies, and between the private sector and public research institutions.
The next deadline for applications for both programs is August 31st, 2012.
If you are interested in applying, please use the online application portal at www.innovationfund.rs.
To learn more about the Project please contact the Serbian Innovation Fund: firstname.lastname@example.org.